Funds begin to flow for Sue Neill-Fraser campaign – but go-fund-me shuts it down

The Go-Fund-Me page was set up on Wednesday evening at about 8pm; we published the following report at 8:19 on Thursday, December 2, 2021. It was shut down shortly after 9am. We are investigating.

Contributions have started to flow to the Go-Fund-Me crowd funding project established by the Sue Neill-Fraser Support Group in the immediate aftermath of the dismissal of her appeal on November 30, 2021. The project aims to raise money towards a campaign of public information to negate the false narrative built around her by police and the ODPP. 

The landing page states that “Funds will be used for advertising, printing documents, and flyers, billboards, banners, placards, letterbox drops, etc etc “ in Tasmania and on the mainland. Support Group President Rosie Crompton-Crook says the funds will also be used to pay the travel and accommodation expenses of high profile speakers invited to Hobart.

 An initial target of $25,000 has been set, and some $2,770 was donated in the first 10 hours.

 

This entry was posted in Case 01 Sue Neill-Fraser. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Funds begin to flow for Sue Neill-Fraser campaign – but go-fund-me shuts it down

  1. Rodger Warren says:

    Hi Andrew
    Happy to donate once the kinks have been ironed out.

  2. Jess says:

    “ the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, serious disabilities or diseases, financial crimes or crimes of deception;”

    The above is the only thing mentioned about legal defence fund raising, I see none of this being applicable in this instance!

    • LE says:

      Just wondering, Jess. The police in targeting an unfit older woman with no capacity to have carried out such a crime instead of the three violent known criminals who were named as being the murderers have followed a pattern of profiling a vulnerable target. Much easier for them to frame a woman who is vulnerable than engage with wily and dangerous male criminals who know the police and know of any compromising behaviour which could expose the police themselves to investigations. There is clearly a reason Sue was framed instead of the criminals witnessed murdering Bob.

  3. Monique says:

    The same thing happened when a fundraiser was established by a family in Perth following a wrongful conviction.

    So the brother in-law established Miscarriage of Justice Support Fund (non profit) which has ATO approval DGR (deductible gift recipient-fully tax deductible) status.

    You can use the platform (free of any hidden fees)….the money you raise you keep all of it. You can put Sue’s story up and add links for social media.

    https://miscarriageofjustice.org.au

    All the best…..

  4. Steven Fennell says:

    Andrew, I am no expert at fund raising but I do know that “Go fund me” has an array of guidelines and I suspect just as LB said earlier it could be because of Sue’s conviction.

    With respect to the $25,000 target that will no get much legal work let alone any other objectives with all the support I would suggest that at a minimum $250,000 be the goal.

    TV and social media don’t come cheap (quality material I refer to ) you can forget any help from Murdoch’ s media it’s so far right wing they will be calling for Sue to get resentenced!!!

    Let us know when you have it all sorted.

    • andrew says:

      Yes, I think you’re right re Sue’s conviction. New plans are under way… I hope to run something on the arrangements shortly.

      As for the $25,000, it is too low, I agree, although it is not intended to cover any legal fees.

      And finally, you may be surprised to learn that Murdoch’s The Australian was the only paper of a few I approached which ran two large features on the case – and supported a complaint against me from the DPP.

  5. Brian Johnston says:

    I cannot comment without the evidence. Please keep me informed.

  6. LB says:

    Hello Andrew- Go Fund Me seems to be a broad platform for fundraising, however if “someone” has deemed that Sue is ineligible to have a page due to her conviction, can I suggest that the Support Group sets up a bank account in Sarah’s name for direct transfers plus a post office box address or similar so that people can send cheques in Sarah’s name? Alternatively, could the Go Fund Me page be renamed “ Sarah’s fight for Justice” perhaps? Is this is more Tasmanian censorship? All the more reason to spread the facts which seem up until now to have been continuously smothered!

  7. Diane Kemp says:

    Wow – Andrew can you please let us know once this is reopened again so a donation can be made.
    Coincidence or something more??

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.